Sunday, November 7, 2010

Review of 'Eagle Quest' by Marva Dasef

As I finished my last story, Ishi Pishi, I wanted to see what others had written about the Klamath River, the Hoopa Indians, Sasquatch, and Happy Camp. I restricted my search to Kindle Books. This provided few hits. All were by authors unknown to me. One was an esoteric treatise on Indians in general. Several discussed Sasquatch, a la Coast to Coast radio. That left two. Since I had hoped to download two books, I bought them both as pigs in pokes, without reading the descriptions.
Tomorrow I'll review the book that intrigued me. Today is set aside for the other.
If I had read the description, it would have told me that the story was about adolescents attending school. This is no 'Tom Sawyer' nor 'Stand by Me.' I confess: I have not finished it yet. It's on the bottom of my reading list. With chapter titles like 'The Rat Bastard,' it comes across ass being written by a borderline goth.
I guess I'm too old to appreciate its value. It might have value as a leisure reading gift book for some adolescents.

No comments:

Post a Comment