Saturday, January 8, 2011

MEX-PATRIOT - CRIME UPDATE - 2011 01 Jan 08

Sad I am to give crime updates before  a general description of crime. However my log has been overcome by events.
Some months back the rural police station here was shut down due to lack of money. This is a worldwide problem. Everybody seems to think government is free--No more taxes. Economic downturns always have bad consequences: cutbacks in public services for safety and law enforcement at the very time when poor people become desperate. Crime soars--murder, theft, hate crimes, battery and rape.
There have been many more break-ins of empty summer homes, unattended by Americans who are too busy trying to find employment back home. Vehicles have been stolen. We have one new rape. Investigations are taking place into possible murders.
I, myself, returning from the border by bus, with a thousand dollars cash and all my Wells Fargo papers, experienced harassment. Two local borachos surrounded me, while fifty Mexicans looked on, as I waited for a micro. They were very drunk. One of them ran his fingers through my hair. I was about to drop my papers and use my fists, when a Volkswagen pulled up and honked. My friend, Joseph the Jew (his choice of names) threw open his door and yelled, "Get in Chuckie!" There's more to the story, but I just want to add this. The main boracho loads my car with groceries nowadays. He doesn't even remember me.

P.S.
Upon completing this blog, I discovered, via e-mail, that the Federales have been performing intensive searches of all vehicles passing their roadblockin either direction beside my home--most likely looking for the rapists.
CNN is covering the shooting of a U.S. representative in Tucson.

No comments:

Post a Comment